Willowcrest Farm is the site of one of the early homesteads on Salt Spring Island. Before sub-division, the farm was originally 100 acres. Sadly the first home and barn, built in 1880, burned to the ground in 1914, leaving only the ancient walnut tree which is still standing. The present home was built between 1924 – 30 using logs and stone from the property. In 1984, Tony and Margaret Threlfall acquired the 31/2 acre farm, which was the original home site, and added an additional 9 acres and began building a flock of Border Leicester sheep whose fleece is one of the favourite varieties for spinners. Today, the farm has downsized in sheep production but still offers quality wool. The vegetable garden, fruit trees, grape vine and prize winning eggs, all seen at Fall Fair, complete their goal toward self-sufficiency.